Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Femme Fatale Cosmetics Beauties!

UHOH! Guess what day it is!? (Not an ad...well it is an ad I guess but its not one of those spammy ones)



^^ That commercial cracks me up EVERY freaking time! I am soooooo excited to be able to share these amazing beauties with you all from Femme Fatale Cosmetics! Femme Fatale Cosmetics is an independently owned small business based in Brisbane, Australia! They specialize in hand blended mineral based cosmetics and 3-free hand produced nail lacquer, and offer a variety of vegan-friendly options AND they don't test on animals or purchase ingredients from places who do! I really love that part.

I have 4 polishes to share with you guys so lets get to it! Keep in mind while you read these reviews that these polishes were provided to me by Femme Fatale Cosmetics for an honest review. <-- Disclaimer ya'll!

I have to just nerd-out here for a moment. While I was looking over these polishes I realized that I had seen all of these names before and after some thought it finally hit me; They are all super sneaky World of Warcraft references! I FREAKING LOVE IT!! Love. It. I miss 'old' WoW. Pandas can just...go away.

FIRST UP! is Spindleweb! (WoW Reference: Spindleweb Lurker) Spindleweb is described as a deep, jewel toned blue with green shimmer and teal blue and green glitters! You could layer this baby over a similar color, but I decided to layer it by itself over a naked nail!  I think if I was to swatch this again though I would probably put it over a dark greenish blue, 3 layers by itself started to feel a little thick. It was very difficult to get a good pic of this baby but its stunning in person and I really love it! This is 3 coats of Spindleweb + top coat.



Next up we have Winter Hyacinth! (WoW Reference: Winter Hyacinth). This was the very first polish I ever saw from Femme Fatale Cosmetics and I was in LOVE with it! Its so fun! Winter Hyacinth is a muted teal cream with pink and white hexes and white diamonds. The application on this was relatively easy and keeping the layers thin really made it easy to keep the glitters where you wanted them. This is 3 coats of Winter Hyacinth + top coat. No undies necessary!



Next we have, probably my favorite Halloween-esque polish ever, Tricky Treats! (WoW Reference: Tricky Treat - From my FAVORITE WoW world event Hallow's End. Careful, don't eat too many or you may get sick!) Tricky Treats is a slightly orange tinted jelly with orange and gold bar glitters, pink and orange hexes and red and purple squares! This is 2 coats of Tricky Treats over Zoya 'Myrta' + top coat. (Note: I may swatch this one again because I did it late and in semi-low lighting so these pics are not the best. BUT if you like orange or you're looking for a Halloween inspired lacquer then you're going to LOVE this one!)



And the last polish I have for you guys tonight is Edge Of The Cosmos! (WoW Reference: Edge Of The Cosmos). This is probably my favorite of the 4 because its just SO fun! Edge Of The Cosmos is a dark purpley-burgundy jelly base with micro holo shimmer and a mix of small blue hexes, stars, moons, silver hexes and large circle glitter. You could dramatically change the look of this polish by adding a base, but I decided to go bareback. This is 3-4 coats of Edge of the Cosmos over bare nail + top coat.




My first real experience with Femme Fatale Cosmetics has been a blast! The polishes are top notch, unique, creative, and their names hold a special place in my heart! (I was a WoW Addict from Vanilla to Pandaria and spent more time than I care to admit submersed in the world of Azeroth.)

In North America you can find Femme Fatale Cosmetics at Llarowe, Color4Nails, and Harlow&Co. You can also find them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Check em out! Tell them Fox Claws sent you :)




No comments:

Post a Comment