|Kawaii Nail Lacquer|
(Random side note: To make this an official 'polish related post' check out my newest nail mail! Kawaii Nail Lacquers PINK BLIZZARD! *DROOL* Pink Martini is next on my list!)
As part of my giveaway I asked the question: "What do you love and hate about nail blogs? What would you like to see on Fox Claws? How can I improve my site?" I was so surprised at the responses I received. I expected "INDIE INDIE INDIE, TUTORIALS OR BUST" but instead I got a great mixed bag of suggestions that I wanted to share with you to let you know that I hear you and I intend to deliver (or 'DELIVRAR' if you're into gaming like I am!) I want this blog to be something you want to read, not something you just stop by on a random giveaway occasion. So thank you for the compliments, encouragement and suggestions! I will definitely put them to good use in the coming months.
On to some of your comments!
- I love to see bloggers swatch and feature polish that is affordable and readily available. As someone on a budget, I can't afford a $12 or $16 bottle of polish all the time!
- I hear you girl! I will definitely be showcasing affordable polishes as this blog progresses. I'm definitely a bargain shopper.
- I love seeing new Indie Polishes!
- I LOVE wearing new Indies when I can grab them for a decent price. I have a few in my arsenal and will get post sup on them as soon as possible :)
- I love all the colors and info on deals, I hate bad pictures (you take great shots). I love drug store brands, art and comparisons.
- Thank you for the compliments on my photos! I'm experimenting with my different camera's and lighting around the house. Unfortunately the weather doesn't like to agree with me because by the time I get around to taking photos its overcast. I swear. Happens every dang time.
- I love learning all the new tips n tricks, not sure what I hate...maybe when they go way way way off topic. More nail art. Your site is great.."if it ain't broke don't fix it!"
- Uh oh! I will definitely be guilty of going off topic (you should hear me talk, sometimes I switch subjects so fast my fiance has to literally tell me to back up and slow down.) As a way of combating my ADD-communication issues and make reading easier, I'll be adding a TLDR (Too Long; Didn't read, aka TEAL DEER) section at the bottom of each post to give you the skinny on the wall of text above it. Aside from the polish, its probably my favorite part of my blog.
- I think your site is pretty awesome! I like that it's not *just* nail polish pictures. Hauls, nail art, all of that stuff is nice. I also think your TLDR bit at the end of each post is hilarious.
- I'm glad you like the TLDR! It's one of my favorite things. I often find myself scrolling some website with a crap-ton of information and thinking "WHERE is the TEAL DEER, this is going to take FOREVAAR!"
- I would like to see nutrition and nail care talked about.
- This is a fantastic suggestion, and something I never really thought about. This is definitely something we could all benefit from! Thanks :)
- I love swatches and comparisons, and i hate NOTHING! it's all good fun, what could be bad?
- You got it! Comparisons are one of my favorite things too! Why buy the $16 Deborah Lippmann when you can get the Claires dupe for $5!?
- Tips on taking care of nails.
- I don't consider myself an expert on nail care but I would be happy to share and discuss my routine. I am always open to learning new ways to make my nails and cuticles look healthy and happy! Thanks for the suggestion!
- Love all the creativity, hate that everyone's nails are longer than mine. I would love to see anything you feel like posting!
- Hey, I was a nail biter for 26 years before I quit. YOU CAN DO IT! Grow them out, take care of them. Nails are jewels not tools ;) I hope I can continue to post things that you will want to read, and I'm always open to suggestions!
- Personally, I think blogs put too much into reveiws and I'd like to see more nail art (diy nail art). I'd like to see diy, step by step, nail art on Fox Claws and I think that would help to improve your site! (=
- Noted! Thank you for your honest feedback. I will definitely see about putting up some tutorial type posts (see my leopard print post for a short gradient tutorial) I'll have to try to bribe my fiance into taking photos for me ;)
- Love pretty colors, hate nothing. More Cara art!
- LOL! Thank you Miss Jess over at Too Cute-icle
- I love swatches and art. I dislike regularly posted non-polish posts. Every now and then is ok, but I come to blogs for the polish. :)
- Got cha! It is a nail blog after all! I'll try to keep the non-polish related posts (after this one of course) to a minimum ;) I can't promise I won't include my cats in some of the posts though LOL!
- Giveaway is coming to an end!
- I heart your suggestions
- Thanks for the love and lulz.
- TEAL DEER IS POPULAR!- Long live Teal Deer!
- I love you guys!