Sunday, July 14, 2013

New Girl On The Block - JK Customs!

Helllooooooo my loves!

I am so excited to show you a trio of brand new beauties from a brand new indie - JK Customs!

6yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyhhhhhhyttttttttttth <--- Roxy says, "Hi!" evidently...

Anyway, Jen Koontz of JK Customs has been making polish for herself and friends since last year, but just recently made the jump into the indie market when her custom creations took off! Her debut line includes 5 polishes: Tears of Gaia, Beg For Mercy, Vernal Equinox, Ice Queen and my personal favorite, Cupid's Eros!

Disclaimer: Some of the products in this review were sent to me for an honest review. 

Up first we have Ice Queen. Ice Queen is a gorgeous icy glitter topper with lilac (light purple) hexes, and a mix of blue iridescent and holo hexes and squares in a clear base. I couldn't decide how I liked it better so I'm including a couple options. This is 2 coats of Ice Queen over China Glaze 'Aquadelic'.




Here's another shot of 2 coats of Ice Queen over Sinful Colors 'Ciao Bella'.




Next is Vernal Equinox. Vernal Equinox is another word for Spring Equinox and this polish definitely conjures thoughts of spring. A mix of yellow, aqua and white glitters are suspended in a clear base with pastel purple stars. This would be a great polish for Easter! Here is 2 coats of Vernal Equinox over Sinful Colors '24/7'. This one does require a little bit of dabbing to get good coverage.




Last but not least is my personal favorite of JK Customs debut line; Cupid's Eros. Cupids Eros is a gorgeous blend of PINK glitters in a clear base. Seriously, its pink glitter overload and I loves it. LOL This is 2 coats of Cupids Eros over Sinful Colors 'Cotton Candy'. I LOVE the glitz of this one!





JK Custom polishes are available on her Facebook page, and in her brand spankin' new storenvy shop which is still somewhat under construction. Polishes retail for $7 each and the price includes shipping - how cool is that? You can also enter to win a full sized bottle of Tears of Gaia in my birthdanniversary giveaway going on now!

So what do you think? Any must haves for you?

**Authors note: I really just had to add this for myself. The world lost a wonderful, promising young actor this weekend. Cory Monteith, better known as Finn from the Fox hit 'Glee' passed away in his hotel room in Vancouver. I feel a little silly admitting that the passing of this stranger has affected me, but I am a HUGE Gleek so this one kinda hit me hard. Sad. Sending thoughts and love to his family and friends who are certainly devastated by this tragic news.**


No comments:

Post a Comment