Saturday, July 20, 2013

Northern Star Polish Swatch & Review - Sleepy Kitty

Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is doing something awesome this weekend! I unfortunately feel like poo so my weekend is shot. Balls.

Anyway, this is part 2 of my Northern Star Polish review! In case you missed it you can view part 1 here - and if you're a blue/purple polish lover then you MUST view part one because its awesome.

Part 2 will only feature one polish because it was so gorgeous that I thought it deserved its own post. Northern Star Polish SLEEPY KITTY. Sleepy Kitty is described as, "a glitter topper with a white shimmery base and filled with pink butterflies, pastel (hexes), white (hexes and diamonds), and hot pink (square) glitters." But it should be described like this, "ITS LIKE PAINTING YOUR FINGERS IN DIAMOND DUST". This was a huge surprise for me and I didn't expect to love it SO much. The glitters apply beautifully, no need to dab or place. The butterflies do require a little bit of fishing but they did come out on the brush and I didn't have to resort to digging around with a toothpick to bring them to the top of the bottle. I honestly didn't mind though because I'm not huge on shape glitters anyway, and the base and other glitters are amazing!! Originally I chose Essie's 'I'm Genius' as the undies for Sleepy Kitty, but on a whim I put it over black and was so excited I RAN out in to the shop to show Mr. Fox....who simply said, "Thats nice." *sigh*

Disclaimer: Some of the products in this review were sent to me for an honest review. 

Anyway, here is 2 coats of Sleepy Kitty over Essie's 'I'm Genius' plus top coat. OH P.s. This one is NOT part of the Paranormal X Collection.




And again, in case you missed part 1, here are some really great things you should know about Northern Star Polish:
  • Northern Star Polish is Big 4 free! No DBP, Toulene, Formaldehyde or Formaldehyde-resin!
  • Northern Star Polish is cruelty-free & vegan-friendly! She does not test on animals AND does not purchase materials from companies that do. She also does not use ingredients that are derived from animal by-products
  • Northern Star Polish is gluten free!
  • Annnnnd it's made in America!  
So this was the stunner one for me. I had a wheel full of random black swatches and decided to just slap Sleepy Kitty over the top of one of them. I immediately took I'm Genius off my nails and painted them black. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Its like looking at stars on a super clear, moonless night! SOOO pretty!!! The photos below show 1 coat of Sleepy Kitty on my index and middle fingers, and 2 coats on ring and pinky.





AHH LOVE! I wish all that BING showed up better in pictures because this baby is loaded. You can snag Sleepy Kitty (15ml/.5oz) for $8.50 in the Northern Star Polish Etsy store! You can also find Northern Star Polish on Facebook.

Coming up in Part 3 of my Northern Star Polish swatch and review series will be UFO Party and Enigmatic Doctor S which was another big favorite of mine! Can't wait to share them with you. I will also have a Part 4 in a couple of weeks that includes the not yet released (unsure of the release date, actually so stay tuned) trio of beauties that you can win RIGHT NOW in my Birthdanniversary giveaway!



No comments:

Post a Comment