I admit that I SQUEEEE'd when Jess from Too Cute-icle messaged me (on WoW of all places) that we had been tagged by Lightwell Nails (Yeah seriously...WoW...Lightwell...I mean what are the odds!?) for the Liebster Blog Award! If you don't know what that means, save yourself the google because the origins appear to be pretty sketchy as far as I could tell, but Sopphey over at Sopphey Says found that, "The earliest mention I found so far happened on December 19, 2010 by a German blogspot blogger." Since I don't speak German, I'll just leave it at that.
The basic rules are these:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There's no tag backs.
Seems simple enough (famous last words?) so here we go!
11 Things About Fox Claws:
1. I was born and raised in Northern California, but I moved to Wisconsin 4 years ago
2. I'm a natural redhead (strawberry blond technically)
3. I currently work 3 jobs: An admin assistant full time, a 'stylist' at a local full figured fashion store, and a marketing/webmaster/camp administrator for a kids summer camp located in Texas.
4. I am an only child but I have 2 step bothers, and 2 step sisters that I have never met.
5. I have 3 cats: Mac, Foxy, and the kitten's name we think is going to be Roxy...but thats subject to change. Foxy is the namesake of my blog :)
6. I have played World Of Warcraft since release and have 4 85s: Druid, Pally, Shaman, Priest. I am currently on Whisperwind-PVE-US. PVP and I do not get along.
7. I have completed the Teen Police Academy and the Citizens Police Academy in my home town. My dream was to become a police dispatcher but I think I'd have been an awful one because I have an awful memory.
8. I am a decedent of Eliza Tibbets. She is my great, great, great, great, great Grandmother.
9. I have more pinks in my collection than any other color.
10. I used to have my tongue pierced.
11. I love camping!
11 Questions from Lightwell Nails!
1. What would you say your getting-started-with-blogging experience has been like?
My getting started experience has been good. Lots of uncertainty and second guessing, but overall I am becoming more confident in my abilities. I am still trying to figure out what my niche is in this community, but for the moment I am just happy I have taken the steps to be part of it. I have met so many wonderful ladies in such a short time!
2. How do you store your stash? (Share pics! :D)
My fiance got tired of me lugging big tubs of polish around everywhere whenever I would set up to do my nails, so when we bought out house he made me a nail polish rack for the wall in the bathroom! I filled it up the moment it was done and told him I was going to need another one. That hatched an idea in his head and we have made some significant changes to the original design in order to make it more universal. We hope to begin selling them on Etsy and on my blog sometime before the end of summer. (Here is the original photo from facebook. The new racks are MUCH cooler! )
3. Do you collect anything?
Dust ;) I also seem to collect an unusual amount of chapstick/lip balm
4. What’s your favorite part of every day?
The part where I get to leave work
5. What other communities do you participate in on your blog topic?
Just Facebook and Twitter. I don't understand tumblr or instagram just yet.
6. What nail technique, design, color combo etc. have you wanted to try but haven’t yet?
I really want to try splatter nails but it looks so messy! I've gotta do it...its just too cool!
7. Star Wars or Star Trek?
Star what? Neither.
8. What was the most memorable trip you ever took?
Oh man, there have been so many. Most memorable recently was when we drove up to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. I got super sick and we ended up staying in the hotel room the last 2 days :(
9. What’s your favorite breed of dog?
I'm LOVING on Italian Greyhounds right now. Kermit is too stinkin' cute. Edit: My moms Huskys are pretty freaking amazing too and since its cold in WI for 11 of the 12 months out of the year, a Husky is a much better choice I think.
10. What do you never leave the house without?
Cell Phone, Lip Balm. Must have or I am NOT leaving.
11. What’s your favorite piece of “life advice”?
It. Gets. Better.
My questions for my 11 tagged friends!
1. Who is your favorite YouTuber? (Doesn't have to be beauty related.)
2. If you could only wear one polish for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. Name 5 states/countries you have been to.
4. If you weren't blogging right now, what would you be doing?
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
6. Do you have any hidden talents?
7. Who is your biggest blogger inspiration?
8. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
9. Ocean or Mountains?
10. Name 5 things within arms reach RIGHT now.
11. Post the funniest google image you can find. Explain why you chose THAT image.
My tagged nominees!
My Indie Glam Addiction
Cool Polish, Bro
Adventures and Mishaps in the Land of Nail Polish
Pretty Polished Pointers
Fancy Schmancy Nails
Tough As Nails Lacquer
WHEW!!! That...really wasn't that easy...but so much fun!!! TAG YOU'RE IT LADIES!!
TLDR;WHAT? No TLDR. Just read the dang thing. Its fun. Promise.