Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Model City Polish - Red Spinel

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

When I showed Mr. Fox Claws this polish he said, "If there was ever a polish MADE for you, this is it." I couldn't agree more! Raspberry-ey pink. Silver. Holo. Glitter. #dead.


'Red Spinel' by Model City Polish is a gorgeous, SUPER sparkly, holographic pink and holographic silver glitter mix in a clear base. It is so densely packed with glitter that you can actually achieve full coverage in about 3 coats! (Don't forget your Elmers Glue base coat LOL!) I experienced zero placement issues, and I was pleased that the glitter stayed where I put it; it didn't run, drag, or clump which made application a breeze. It didn't eat top coat either. One coat of Sinful Colors new 'Over The Top' Top Coat tackled it just fine. 

When I swatched this I didn't have my Elmers handy so this is 2 coats of 'Red Spinel' over Sinful Colors ' Dazzle'. I'll include a swatch of Dazzle at the end for reference. Disclaimer: This polish was sent to me for an honest review. 

In artificial light:





Blurred to show sparkle
In filtered sunlight:





And a swatch of Sinful Colors ' Dazzle':





You can snag a full size bottle of Red Spinel in Model City Polish's Etsy shop for $8. You can also check out Nina's other gorgeous creations on the Model City Polish Facebook page, and her blog.

Disclaimer: This polish was sent to me for an honest review. 



1 comment: