Saturday, March 9, 2013

Yours, Mine and Flowers....and Lotus!

Greeetings foxy lady lacquer heads! Today is a two-fer! There's been a lot of GREEN around here lately so I wanted to break it up with a little pop of spring!

Anyone who knows me can tell you that I love glitter! Love, love, love it...BUT I have had a really hard time adjusting to shape glitters. In fact, I dislike them so much that I have avoided them like the plague. When I first started getting into polish I picked up a drugstore brand that was packed with stars that, once applied and reinforced with top coat, suddenly became as sharp as a friggin razor! Unbeknownst to me, a point of one of the stars had poked up through the top coat and was so stiff that I actually drew blood when I scratched an itch on my forearm. Please tell me I am not the only person on the planet that has ever made themselves bleed from a self inflicted glitter wound! Uhm...yeah...shape glitter can just...go...

But I was excited to receive a mini of Different Dimension - Yours, Mine and Flowers from Missi because its just so dang cute in the bottle with its delicate, muted glitters and little pink flowers. Dang it! I wanted to hate it but its just so spring and I am so sick and tired of snow that I'll take spring anywhere I can find it. TGFNP (Thank Goodness For Nail Polish)

Missi describes Yours, Mine and Flowers as, "a cute mix of pastel matte glitters in a variety of sizes with pink flowers in a clear base." Nailed it again ;) There is a nice mix of micro and relatively standard sized hexes of pastel green, blue, pink, and purple, with adorable pink flower glitters. It reminds me of an Easter basket for your nails. Love! No glitter placement necessary (except I did actually place the flowers because I wanted them in a specific spot). I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to fish around for them, they came out all on their own! Victory for large glitters in mini bottles! Most pleasant surprise: The flowers laid very flat and did not draw blood and did not eat up a lot of top coat. You go Different Dimension!

I would normally have done a full on mani with this beauty but I was being selfish and didn't want to waste it before Spring actually rolled around so I did it as an accent nail over Zoya's Lotus. I will do a full mani with it soon!

Lotus is a gorgeous dusty purplely-lavender with a spectacular burst of pink shimmer floating through it. I am not a big 'purple person', but the moment I saw a friend pick it up I knew I had to have it. Its fantastic. The formula was great! It evened out beautifully. IMO its a must own. Run, don't walk ;)

Anyway, this is 2 coats of Different Dimension 'Yours, Mine and Flowers' over Zoya 'Lotus'










You can find Different Dimension 'Yours, Mine and Flowers' and more of Missi's amazing creations in her Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DIFFERENTdimension for $8.50 (full size), and on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

You can find Zoya's full product line at http://www.zoya.com/ and on Facebook. To go directly to LOTUS click here: https://www.artofbeauty.com/rd/01788D15

If you are not enrolled in Zoya's 'Share The Love' program, click here to sign up and start earning points that are redeemable for free shipping, discounted product and other fun goodies! Its super easy!

TL;DR
- You know you spent too much time on Facebook when you type "@differentDIM" into blogger and wait for it to auto fill the tag in...GRRR
- I'm not kidding, I really will do an OCM update soon!
- It's the freaking weekend -- I'll drink to that..heyyaaah!



No comments:

Post a Comment