Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I'm so Knackered

knack·ered adjective \ˈna-kərd\
Definition of KNACKERED
British
: tired, exhausted
Examples of KNACKERED: "She was too knackered to paint her nails tonight."

^^ LOL! Its true. I am coming down with a cold or something again and pretty much passed out as soon as I got home from work. But, I'm awake and I really wanted to get something up on the blog tonight. I have a bunch of posts lined up, just have to find the time to edit the photos. I will make the time this weekend...hopefully. ;)

Knackered was one of those polishes that I was sure I was going to dislike. Google image swatches were unable to make up my mind for me because they are all so different. Some people put it over black, some over white, some layer it and layer it until its opaque....I actually bought it and then returned it before I even opened it, and as soon as I returned it I regretted it. I should have tried it. Blah. A month or so later, Melissa from Pinked Polish offered up a few items she wanted to purge from her stash so I snagged Knackered. YAY! Thanks Melissa!

It's absolutely gorgeous in the bottle and I was tempted to just let it shine in all its glory, but I don't have a lot of patience for layering relatively sheer polishes over and over until they're opaque so I went 'undie hunting'.

This is 2 coats of Butter London 'Knackered' over Sinful Colors 'Winterberry'... (Click each image to enlarge)
Butter London - Knackered

Butter London - Knackered

Butter London - Knackered

Butter London - Knackered

Sinful Colors - Winterberry

Overall, I really liked it, and lots of other people did too. I got a number of "Oh I love that color! What is it?" at work. Knackered shifts from kind of a silvery pinky purple to a really pretty green.It's definitely a different color for me, but it worked well with my skin tone and I will definitely reach for it again. Thanks for reading :)

TL;DR
- Being sicky sucks!
- Please send Vitamin C!
- I am thinking of starting the Oil Cleansing Method so if you've done it, leave me a message below and tell me what you thought, or if you'd be interested in hearing my results :)
- New racks coming to Fox Claws soon!
BONUS: Too Cute-icle and Fox Claws Valentines Day Promo! From now until Valentines Day we will include an exclusive, limited edition, 'love' inspired polish by Too Cute-icle with every rack order! You may get a mini, you may get a full size, but you will NOT get this polish ANYWHERE else! (Promo runs from 1/16/2013-2/14/2013. Not valid on orders placed before 1/16/2013) You can find our Etsy shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/FoxClaws



2 comments:

  1. Pretty polish.
    I hope you get better, is no fun being sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not :( And I feel like I can't get warm enough to function. BLEGH! Thank you so much for stopping by :)

      Delete