Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Introducing Too Cute-icle Custom Nail Lacquer

AMIGAD! Awesomeness incoming!

My good friend Jess at Too Cute-icle just launched her very own INDIE LINE! SQUEEEE!! Too Cute-icle Custom Nail Lacquer launched on Sunday 12/2/2012 and has already attracted some big name attention. Her debut line includes a selection of year round pretties with awesome names like Butthurt Banana, Mama's Girl (inspired by her mother) and Pretty Pretty Princess, an Eternal Sonata video game inspired glitterbug called Dolce (which was created by her boyfriend - HI MIKE!), and the ever gorgeous winter-esque dazzlers Aurora Snow, Frosty The Penguin and Frosted Evergreen. I was lucky enough to receive the whole line (minus Mama's Girl), plus a few others that have been reserved for future collections and they are all faaaaareaking AMAZING. I love them. Love. Them. Love them...like this....

Now I realize that my enthusiasm can be taken into question given that Jess and I are close friends, but trust me when I say that I could not in good conscious support her releasing a sub-par product with her name on it. She has done her homework, shes got a great eye for creativity, and shes meticulous (to the point of borderline OCD - teehee) about quality. This girl is going places, and I could not possibly be more proud of her. And when you see these babies there will be no question about their awesomeness. I have tested all of her polishes (though I don't have swatches of most of them ready just yet), and I truly can't pick a favorite but this one is close....Back story...

Pretty Pretty Princess by Too Cute-icle
Last week a cray-mazing (crazy amazing, get it? Yeah I'm lame...) woman named Donna posted a photo of a stamping mani she did with snowflakes and I loved it! So much so that I immediately hit ebay and purchased a Konad plate with snowflakes on it. On Sunday I set about creating my own 'Donna inspired snowflake mani' and thought what better way to champion Jess' new line than to use Pretty Pretty Princess as the base for my snowflakes. Thus the 'matte snowflake mani' was born.

Because I was going to be stamping over the glitter I wanted it to be kind of sparse which I found to be quite difficult (LOL). Pretty Pretty Princess is PACKED with glitter. Please forgive the horrendous cuticles btw. This is one light coat of PPP over black with and without the matte top coat:
 
Because I was planning to stamp, I tried to leave some empty-ish space so that the snowflakes would show up a bit better. I failed. Pretty Pretty Princess was just too pretty to not want it everywhere. I used Konad plates m59 and m20, and Pure Ice Silver Mercedes to stamp (no, not water decal....LOL!) the snowflakes on.
And...If you liked it then you shoulda put some bling on it...LOL!
 
Taadaa! Okay I admit, even I am smitten by this combination. Its stunning! I was SO excited by how gorgeous it turned out that I immediately posted a bunch of shots to my Facebook page without any brand/water markings on it...OOPS! It was shared over 30 times from my page alone! I was so over the moon that so many people liked it enough to share! Thank you! Some people even liked it so much that they uploaded it to their page claimed it as their own. But nail world banded together and brought that to an end. Hopefully...


So again, thank you all who sent messages of support and requests for credit to 'Pinkys Nail Bar' in Stirling, Scotland. I'm sorry that you were all banned and blocked from their page because of it, but I think they got the hint. At least I hope they did. Next time perhaps they'll think twice about stealing someones photo and not giving proper credit...its not like its hard to do. At least get the products and method right!  Water decals....Models Own...*hmpfh* I didn't want them to take the photo down, I just wanted credit. I didn't think that was too much to ask.

WHEW! This was a long one. I hope you're still with me LOL! You can find Pretty Pretty Princess (along with all of Too Cute-icles polishes) at her Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/TooCuteicle Full sizes are $7, Minis's are $3. Remember, this is her indie debut so if you want a shot at being one of the first to own her creations, check it out ASAP!

For photos and reviews of her polishes, check out these lovely ladies:

TL;DR
- Too Cute-icles indie debut! WOO!
- Did you actually READ the post or did you just skip to the TL;DR...KYOTI!
- Fun Fact #1: At the time of this posting I am one of only 4 people who own Pretty Pretty Princess...IN THE WHOLE WORLD.
- Fun Fact #2: I created her labels!
- Stealing is bad. Lying and stealing is worse.
- Don't steal kthxbai!

34 comments:

  1. Thank You for the great post. The combo of the matte and the Pretty Pretty Princess, is stunning. Then you added those perfect snowflakes, Love it! Great job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting PPP XD You make me want to give stamping a go :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That means I was one of the 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This link was left on one of my can in my anganails Facebook page can I just say I have no affiliation with Pinky's or Kelly anymore and I find this behaviour very unprofessional and disgusting stealing work and claiming it as your own is the lowest imo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazingly beautiful and inspiring mani! One of the most beautiful I've seen for the "winter" season! Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Roxanne!! =D I took it off yesterday and it was SOOO hard not to just re-do it LOL.

      Delete
  6. These are amazing! So easy to do but so amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO easy! I LOVE easy nail art! Thanks so much for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful snowflake mani! I love the color combination, and want to try to make something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you do recreate it please post it to my FB page! I'd LOVE to see it! facebook.com/thefoxclaws

      Delete
  8. This is just stunning!! So glad, Leah Anne shared it on her facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was stunned when I saw Llarowe post it. I nearly fell out of my chair!

      Delete
  9. Thanks! :) And thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did not mention well you did but its vague..."This is one light coat of PPP over black with and without the matte top coat" so the second picture "Matte, not shiny" did that NOT have a top coat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct. I used SV top coat over the glitter and then put the matte top coat over the top of that.

      Delete
    2. At what step did you do the Konad stamp? Thanks

      Delete
    3. Last. Black polish, glitter, regular top coat, matte top coat, stamp

      Delete
  11. *swooooooooooooooooooooons*
    I think I will die for this

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is stunning darling! I may have to try this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)) If you try it, post a pic on my FB wall! I'd love to see it.

      Delete
  13. Gahh, this is stunning! I'm not so great at stamping but when I master it, I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Thanks! If you try it, post to to my Facebook wall! I'd love to see it. :)

      Delete
  14. I was so excited when I saw your mani. I had been thinking about doing a snowflake mani and lo and behold yours came as inspiration! ( I'm sorry some creeps took credit for your amazing design. what goes around, comes around. They'll get theirs.) You make it over the top when you put bling on it. Not too much, just perfect. Thank you for sharing this and when I try it ,I'll def send you a pic. Debra ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra!!

      Thank you so much for stopping by! I would LOVE to see your mani!! Feel free to stop by my facebook page and share it :) https://www.facebook.com/TheFoxClaws

      <3 Cara

      Delete
  15. Just found this on Pinterest (same page with two separate pins of the same mani) the one pin linked to your blog, and the other linked me here:

    http://m.loveitsomuch.com/stores/glitter-easy-winter-nail-art-snowflake-winter-nail-art-design-1355725171,459304.html/17930_459304_102287

    As flattering as it must be to have a mani liked over 2,000 times, there was no source listed. The picture does not contain your mark either. I'm on my phone and couldn't figure out how to direct it back to your blog as the source. I felt contacting you was the right thing to do because I would be ticked off (trying to be polite) if it were my work being put out there like that. Plus, you mentioned this exact thing above.
    As for this beautiful combination...it has given me so many ideas to try. Thank you so much!!! You deserve credit, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete