Someone asked me WHY I was so excited to be participating in this Go Pink Wednesday thing since I wasn't actually donating anything or 'helping anyone'. At first I was a big taken aback, then offended, then sympathetic because I felt bad that the person was so money oriented. I am certain that at some point most of us have donated to Breast Cancer research either through point of sale round ups, or purchasing something pink, runs/walks, events, or through straight up donations. While I definitely haven't donated anywhere near the amount of cash it would take to fund something major, I DO believe that every little bit helps. That said, this blog-a-thon is about awareness, not donations (though if your awareness turns into donations--FAB!). I have had a fabulous time surfing the web for interesting things to share with you guys, and have received so much positive feedback about these posts that I think I have hit my goal right on the head. Admit it, you're thinking about your boobs right...NOW. Success!
This weeks mani was fun! I managed to knock out an untried, and complete Week 3's GPW assignment. WHEEEE! I used 2 coats of Elixir Lacquers - With a K, over 2 coats of Essie - Chastity. The photos don't pull the color quite right (its close with the flash photos) which is kind of a bummer because this combo is FLUORESCENT pink. Like, if you took Barbie pink and mixed it with more Barbie pink, added a shake or two of glitter and lit it on FIRE you might come close to this color. And since I was shooting for 'awareness' there is no way on this earth you could not be aware of my nails if we were standing in the same room. They. Are. THAT. Pink. LOL
See what I mean? Pink. I love it though! I can't wait to try 'With a K' over other, darker colors. The micro glitter in it is just gorgeous. Hope you enjoyed!
OH! There are 2 things you should know about:
- We have extended our 10% OFF coupon from Jilltastic Nail Design's awesome review of our polish rack! Use Jill10 at our Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/FoxClaws
- There is a huge multi-blogger giveaway going on over at Kyoti's Nails that ends in 2 days! Click here to enter and see all of the fabulous Halloween inspired prizes!
- It's freaking PINK man...
- I put Ghoulish Glow over the top of this just for kicks.
- FACT: Ghoulish Glow turns a 28 year old into a 12 year old in bed at night. GLOW NAILS!
- Yup, I even rolled over and recharged it before I fell asleep. Future hubs thinks I've got issues.
- Glow. In. The. Dark.